1. Ultraviolet for sterilization. Strong ultraviolet rays can kill viruses and germs efficiently and ultraviolet light has been used for sterilization in hospitals, public places, kindergartens, nursing homes and other spaces. Moreover, it has been increasingly accepted by more people at homes for daily sterilization nowadays.
2. Ultraviolet for disinfection. Ultraviolet lamp can emit ultraviolet light that disinfects the daily necessities.
3. Ultraviolet for medical treatment. Specific bands of ultraviolet light can be used in supplementary therapy to cure some disease such as white epilepsy. After applying the drug for epilepsy, ultraviolet can promote the production of melanin, which means ultraviolet light is not necessarily harmful to the human body.
4. Ultraviolet for anti-counterfeiting. People use ultraviolet fluorescent substances to make special patterns, which can be seen under the ultraviolet to distinguish the genuine from the forgery.
How does UV disinfection work?
1.Since UVC has a strong bactericidal effect, it is widely used for disinfection; The UVC will cause photolysis and metamorphism of bacterial protein, it will destroy amino acid, nucleic acid and enzyme of bacteria’s and kill them.
2. UVC disinfection is effective at wavelengths from 268 nm to 280 nm, which is known as UVC. The UVC radiation emitted has a strong bactericidal effect. It is absorbed by the DNA, destroys its structure and inactivates living cells. Micro-organisms such as viruses, bacteria, yeasts and fungi are rendered harmless within seconds by UV radiation.